Thursday, September 25, 2014

Skull Creek Boathouse

After swimming I headed over to the Skull Creek Boathouse. As it was close to dinner time so the place was packed I took a number as they stated it would be a 45 minute - 1 hour wait. I asked where a good place to wait was and they advised that down by the channel there is an outdoor bar, so I went down there the company there was kind. However, being there were people already drunk at 6 pm they wanted to take my picture,which I am usually not OK with. While I was at the bar the two female bar tenders asked me what I wanted I ordered a reds apple ale I wished I had ordered one of their mixed drinks are seeing them but a Redds is what I ordered.  Jennifer was one of the bartenders names took my order I asked her if I could order off the menu she said I could and I asked for a recommendation and was recommended the Sevechie. I ordered the tropical sevechie. The two female bartenders were nice and the married couple from Virginia next to me were kind we chatted up alittle bit they live near the beltway and recently bought a house down in Hilton Head and were enjoying it.   While waiting on my food customers came and went but pleasant overall.  One of the locals decided to sit next to me and chat me up wow what he drunk.  We chatted for 45 minutes while I was eating and exchanged random conversations.  He explained he was a fishing captain and took people out on his boat to go fishing.  Tried to get me to go out but because  I did not know him and was only there for 1 day  I declined he swindled me into buying him a beer which was fine because his company was worth the price of the beer. 

Overall though the visit was fun and should I go back I plan on eating again at the skull creek boathouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment